Join us every Sunday in December as we celebrate the birth of our Savior.
Advent is a term that means “a time of expectant waiting and preparation for the coming of Christ.” In this 24-day plan, you will look at some of our favorite Christmas traditions and see how we can use each one to point back to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Click the image below to be taken to the reading plan.
This Christmas, help support the work of local and global missions including Nazarene World Missions, Core Addis Ethiopia, and the Abba Center.
Click on the link to donate now.
Invite your Neighbor
At Core Church we believe sharing Christ is sharing life. Sharing Christ may seem daunting, so we have some suggestions to help you invite people to the Core Christmas services in December.
Who are 3 neighbors you could start praying for by name? Don’t know your neighbor’s names? Pray for an opportunity to introduce yourself.
Look for ways to be a good neighbor. It can be as simple as saying “Hi” or helping out when you see a need.
The Christmas season is a great time to let your neighbors know about the hope of Jesus. That doesn’t mean you have to stand on your street corner and preach the Gospel or sing Christmas carols. Here’s something you can do that we believe will show your neighbors that you care:
- Bake some holiday goodies (fun recipe below!) for your neighbors.
- Take the Core Christmas postcards and write a small note wishing each neighbor a Merry Christmas.
- Deliver the holiday goodies and with a card to your neighbors.
Aunt Mary’s Holly Candy
40 Large Marshmallows
Green Food Coloring
1 tsp. Vanilla
4.5 Cups Corn Flakes
Red Hots Candy
1. Melt 40 large marshmallows with a stick of butter.
2. Add 3 tsp. green food coloring.
3. Add 1 tsp. vanilla & mix until smooth.
4. Stir in 4.5 cups corn flakes until well coated.
5. Drop by the spoonful onto a large cookie sheet.
6. Add 2-4 Red Hots to each one to look like Holly leaf berries.
7. Rest for 24-48 Hours until dry and not sticky.
Let us know the neighbors you are praying for and reaching out to this Christmas. We would love to join with you in praying for them.